Dawson Independent School District Home
Time: 8 AM
Location: High School
Time: 5 PM
Time: 7:20 AM – 7:45 AM
Location: ELEMENTARY CAFETERIA
Congratulations to Mrs. Brenda Gist...
Congratulations are in order for...
Congratulations to the Dawson High School HOCO Court...
Find out how to celebrate Homecoming week on your campus...
Great things are happening at Dawson ISD...
Congratulations are in order for Isaiah and Issac Johnson...
Our School At A glance
- Solid primary educationDawson Elementary provides Pre-Kindergarten through 6th grade students with an quality primary education that shows in our testing scores across the board. Dawson Elementary also provides a full day Pre-Kindergarten and Early Education Program for qualifying students.
- Teacher experienceDawson ISD has a total of 38 teachers, with an average of 13 years of teaching experience. Also, many of our teachers are Dawson High School graduates that come back to teach the same outstanding education they received.
- Graduation rate100% of our Seniors have graduated in the last 6 years with over $930,000 in awarded scholarship money.
- Student involvement94% percent of students are involved in an extracurricular activity in 9th-12th grade.
- Enrollment increaseSince we do not charge a transfer fee to move to our school, our enrollment has increased by over 130 students since 2015 with children that are eager to receive a top-notch education. (Transfer policy applies)
- College ready studentsAround 30 High School students participate in Dual Credit college programs per year, with a third of our Seniors graduating with college credits.